Position: Senior Project Developer (Wind and Solar PV)
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
Type of employment: Permanent employee
Grow with us
ENERTRAG is a large clean energy generator in Germany, France, Poland, South Africa, Ghana and expanding to Vietnam and South America.
As an independent energy company, ENERTRAG generates electricity, hydrogen and heat exclusively from renewable sources and supplies safe, inexpensive renewable energy to end-customers from residential, commercial over to heavy industry.
With us, daily work becomes more than just a job, because it combines a sense of responsibility and commitment with a high degree of freedom of choice and team spirit. Those who are committed and show commitment can achieve success for themselves and the company and gain a secure job with performance-related remuneration. Every single employee contributes to the performance of our company through their energy and work.
Individual further training and personal development resulting from personal initiative are encouraged and required. The involvement of employees in tasks and projects supports a positive working atmosphere and strong identification with the company. Our structure, as a medium-sized company, is clearly defined and optimised to facility quick turnaround times.
ENERTRAG South Africa is a medium sized renewable energy developer and is a subsidiary of ENERTRAG AG.
We ascribe to the same philosophy, culture and work ethic as our parent company and have been able to make our mark in South Africa over the last three years. ENERTRAG South Africa is developing large wind and solar PV projects across the country and is committed to make the Just Energy Transition tangible by ensuring that we provide impetus to the development of clean energy projects in the previously mining- dominated regions of our country.
We are looking for someone who shares this commitment and who are experienced in project development – this is a growth opportunity and you will be directly responsible for growing the business by adapting to the changing phases and demands of various project lifecycles.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive business development, site and project acquisition
- Conduct technical due diligence of greenfield renewable energy projects in South Africa
- Network building with key industry stakeholders
- Drive the entire development process from the pre-feasibility to feasibility and procurements stages
- Understand and advance grid connection possibilities with the national, municipal and private system/grid operators
- Obtain all development permits and authorisations in order to reach compliance to bid projects into government-backed and private procurement programmes (eg REIPPPP) and taking it to Financial Close
- Master’s Degree in the built environment (engineering), business or planning discipline
- Contactable references
Skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years working in the property/infrastructure/energy development or planning sector
- Understanding of statistics and data handling
- Experience in running technical feasibility studies
- Experience in wind and solar resource assessments
- Experience and understanding of technical grid connection requirements
- Confident and well presented
- Able to work independently and in a team (sometimes leading the team)
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with either Wasp, WindPro, Windfarm, Open Winds or other resource assessment platform will be an advantage
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) essential, proficient in an additional relevant language is of advantage
As a senior project developer you will report directly to the Project Development Director and work closely with the CEO of ENERTRAG South Africa and Head of Business Development in Berlin.