Position: IT Support Technician/Engineer
Location: Cape Town / Johannesburg, South Africa
Type of employment: Permanent employee
ENERTRAG South Africa is a clean energy developer and is a subsidiary of ENERTRAG AG, an independent energy company in Germany, France, Ghana, Vietnam and expanding to other areas of the globe. As an independent energy company, ENERTRAG generates electricity, hydrogen and heat exclusively from renewable sources and supplies safe, inexpensive renewable energy to end-customers from residential, commercial to heavy industry.
- Help to Define, Develop and Implement IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes for the office environment and the energy facilities.
- Define software and hardware suitable for business applications/ requirements/needs.
- Help with analysing business requirements by liaising with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Provide input to the development of appropriate IT policies and guidelines and ensure implementation of said IT policies.
- Support departments in the digitalization of their workflows and the use of mobile devices
- Provide General IT Support
- Ensure appropriate IT infrastructure/hardware and software are procured, properly maintained, software licenses are updated, all equipment recorded in inventory and said inventory updated.
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide general first and second line technical support.
- Act as liaison with external IT service provider
- Ensure the performance of external service provider(s) as per Service Level Agreements
- Be the single point of contact to resolve contract queries with service providers
- Facilitate delivery of optimal service between employees and service providers, i.e. ensure that all employees know the contact details and processes to log queries/requests, etc.
- Act as interface with ENERTRAG AG IT department
- Ensure that ENERTRAG South Africa and ENERTRAG AG IT systems integrate properly, incl. but not limited to e-mail systems.
- Ensure seamless transition to new IT systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience working in IT operations and/or support
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases and data storage systems, and telephone systems
- Proficient with Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems
- Familiar with a range of software and hardware
- Business fluent in English and Afrikaans, another South African official language and German would be an advantage.
- Ability to manage heavy workload in a high-pressure environment.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently, whilst supporting the team to achieve business and project objectives.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivation and a proactive attitude to work
Closing date: 6 August 2021
To apply, please forward your CV and a short motivation (300 words max) to Stephen.Koopman@enertrag.co.za.