Position: Financial Analyst (renewable energy; mainly wind projects)
Location: Pretoria/Johannesburg preferred, Cape Town can be considered.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications
Type of employment: Permanent employee
ENERTRAG SA, a medium-sized renewable energy developer, is looking to employ an experienced Financial Analyst to work in its newly established Pretoria/Johannesburg office. This is a growth opportunity, and you will be responsible for supporting the growth of the business, influence and adapt the financial approach to the changing phases and demands of various project lifecycles. ENERTRAG SA is a fully owned subsidiary of ENERTRAG AG in Germany, a medium sized clean-energy player in Germany and France.
As a Financial Analyst, you will work closely with and report directly to the Managing Director in Pretoria, and on occasion, the Head of Finance / Mergers & Acquisitions in Berlin. You will be responsible for the collection of all relevant financial data for pre-evaluation of financial attractiveness of projects, specifically with PPA-based off-takers.
An expert on South African specifics with respect to project financing.
- Obtaining term sheets from various debt, equity and development funding institutions
- Compiling and maintaining an up-to-date contact database of the different equity, black equity and debt providers in South Africa
- Prepare the negotiations to secure project finance up to the conclusion of the financing at financial close
- Close monitoring and/or carrying out of due diligence processes
- Reviewing and preparation of financing-relevant legal documents
- Documentation of transactions and mirroring of economic parameters of projects in ENERTRAG’s systems
- Support and gather data for profitability analysis of projects
- Extension and maintenance of the existing modelling tools for ENERTRAG and tailoring financial models to suit local procurement programmes such as the REIPPPP, municipal off-takers, private off-takers, etc.
- Understanding of South Africa’s taxation system and rules for modelling VAT and tax payments
- Support the raising of local, South African equity (including black equity) and debt (commercial and DFI, if project-relevant)
- Observation of legal framework conditions
- Training/Development of employees in areas relevant to project financing
- Degree (Bachelor, Master) in the commercial field, accounting and/or project finance
- Ideally bank training and/or at least 2 years of commercial professional experience in a bank or comparable company
- Preferably a chartered accountant
- Contactable references
Skills and Experience:
- Business fluent in English, another South African official language and German are a plus
- Initiative and commitment
- Flexibility, ability to work under pressure, ability to work in a team, assertiveness, confident manner
- Structured and pragmatic approach; high affinity to numbers
- Industry knowledge and knowledge of the legal and political framework conditions in South Africa and internationally
- Responsible use of resources, high sense of responsibility and adherence to schedules
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Ideally experienced in REIPPPP project financing
Please forward your CV and a short motivation (300 words max) to email@example.com.