Position: Financial Administrator
Location: Pretoria/Johannesburg, South Africa
Type of employment: Permanent employee
ENERTRAG South Africa is a clean energy developer and is a subsidiary of ENERTRAG AG, an independent energy company in Germany, with a footprint in France, Ghana, Vietnam and expanding to other areas of the globe. As an independent energy company, ENERTRAG generates electricity, hydrogen and heat exclusively from renewable sources and supplies safe, inexpensive renewable energy to end-customers from residential, commercial to heavy industry.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for Accounting function at ENERTRAG South Africa and its subsidiaries
- Producing all management and financial statements as required by relevant Accounting Standard(s), e.g., IFRS and GAAP
- Preparation of cashflow and analysing business liquidity
- Manage fixed assets register, Work in Progress (WIP), inventory and General Ledger accounts
- Capturing all financial data in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System, e.g. NAVISION, etc.
- Ensuring tax compliance
- Responsible for VAT payment/receipts confirmation/reconciliation
- Advise on processes/practices to improve overall financial management
- Manage the auditor relationship and the audit process
2. Managing accounts receivable and payables
- Responsible for Purchase Order Management including capturing and tracking thereof
- Performing account reconciliations
- Capturing invoices and keeping records of invoices in relevant systems, e.g. Xero, Doxis, etc.
- Preparing and capturing payment transactions on banking platforms (Foreign payments included)
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of employee expense claims
- Confirm accuracy and completeness of payroll
- Liaising with external stakeholders to resolve account discrepancies
3. Participation in the planning / budgeting process
- Participation in the planning and budgeting process both at the project level and at the company level
- Ensure all financial reporting is complete and credible/accurate to be used as input into the planning/budgeting process.
4. Support ad-hoc financial administration activities
- Support the development of control and corrective measures
- Preparation of ad-hoc evaluations and participation in the preparation of decision documents, e.g. P-3 evaluation
- Assist with South African Reserve Bank queries
- Ad-hoc assistance with project due diligence investigations
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in accounting, finance, or a similar field.
- Professional Accountant accreditation/certification
- At least two years related experience post articles
- Experience in financial reporting
- Knowledge of financial controls and the accounting standards GAAP and IFRS
- Advanced/Intermediate proficiency in accounting software: XERO, PASTEL, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Excel
- Business fluent in English, another South African official language and German would be an advantage
- Ability to manage heavy workload in a high-pressure environment
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- Ability to work independently, whilst supporting the team to achieve business and project objectives
- Self-motivation and a proactive attitude to work
Closing date: 30 December 2021
To apply, please forward your CV and a short motivation (300 words max) to email@example.com.